18 Jul 2011

Looking forward

I have been in contact with the owner of the market I spoke of.

I vaguely described my bags and books to him and he said it sounds like the type of item he still needs at the market.  So I wrote him an e-mail this evening.  Re-wrote it like seven times.  And then I included a couple of photos and also told him I want to add this and that to the collection.  I'm all nervous, anxious and excited.  I really, really hope that he will say "yes" and give me a stall in September!

On a personal note let me tell you this.  For the largest part of my life I was convinced that I had no talent whatsoever.  After all, my mother told me I didn't, so it must be true, right?  I always thought I just "make stuff".  It was very recently that it dawned on me that "making stuff" is actually a talent. The urge to "just make something" has always been very strong in me.  I'm 42 years old.  Please don't let 42 years of your child's life go by with them thinking they have no talent.  Even if that talent is just to "make stuff".
The other day I overheard my boss's boss say to another person that "a person without a degree is stupid".  I don't have a degree.  I have an IQ of 139.  Whatever.
Well, that's pretty personal so I'll just go now.

Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment, I love to hear your views!