20 Jun 2011

This little piggy went to market

The girls and I went to the market yesterday.
I was pleasantly impressed with the entire set-up. 

The paths between the stands meander between bushveld thorn trees and the stall-holders (except for one) were friendly and helpful.







Right at the gate we found this lady with her felt goodies.  If I recall correctly she called herself “The Felt Bakery” – or something in that line.  Her little felt monsters, hairclips and brooches are very cute and well-priced.  










I also loved her doughnuts and cupcakes.

















This guy makes wind chimes from recycled materials.









I've seen similar before, these are quite original and nice.






As you walk up to the back part of the market you find all sorts of items, including some beautiful antique crockery.

Right at the back of the market are the food stalls where you can buy a meal and sit down in their seating area to enjoy it in the sunshine.


These guys make goat’s cheeses which is quite something to find in these parts.  It’s very fresh and delicious.









There was a lady with some beautiful mosaic mirrors.  There were several artist and “artists” ;-). 
I was quite surprised at the number of antique stalls there.  Antiques are very hard to find in my area.  I bought my eldest daughter an ancient 18mm movie camera, which she adores!
We bought some jaffels from an older lady to have for lunch.  Unfortunately these were not… erm … the best quality.   But the cupcakes we bought for afters were very yummy, not to say pretty!

All in all, we had a very nice morning walking around the stalls in a very tranquil environment.  I really hope that I can build up some stock and perhaps get a stand at this market.  Perhaps even at their next market?


Cecilia

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have awarded to you 'The Versatile Blogger Award' Here is my link to the post: www.karimascrafts.com/2011/06/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Karima xx
    www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment, I love to hear your views!