19 Jun 2011

Handbags and markets

So these photos are in the wrong order, because I have no idea how to move them on my Blackberry.  Sorry about that, just bear with me.

This picture is a close-up of the detail on the fabric of my bright pink bag.  No, I didn't do it, I bought the fabric that way. It's a pretty heavy cotton and I liked the way it looked.  Don't you think it's pretty?


This one is the inside of the bag.  The lining is bridal satin and there's two rather large side-pockets.  It closes with a snap fastener.

And this is the bag itself.  I put rather thick batting in so it's all squishy.  I do like how it looks, but I'm not going to do it again any time soon.  It was really fiddly to do - really tried my patience.

OK, so this picture should have been first.  These are some of the bags I've made.  As soon as I find a market where I can get a stand, these and my notebooks as well as a couple of knitted and crocheted articles will be put up for sale.


So, whaddaya think?

I forgot to mention that the lady who I went to see about my
notebooks did take them and she only added a small amount to the price to cover her own costs.  Very nice, I say!
I'm going to look at another market on Sunday.  I really hope this will be a better one.  Wish me luck!

Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment, I love to hear your views!