25 Feb 2012

On fashion, handbags and me

If you know anything about me, you know that I love a handbag.

Also, I'm not a fashion fundi, but I do keep an eye on trends.

London Fashion Week has just wrapped up, and I was ogling some of the really pretty clothes and stuff.  Can I just say, have you seen Antoni & Alison's collection?


They are my favourite international design house.  I love the fun and humour, the colours, the whimsy.  Yes, I said whimsy.

I must say as far as I could see of handbags at London Fashion Week, I was disappointed.
Look, I love Mulberry as much as the next girl, but to me, it was a bit of a yawn.


I was maybe looking for too much. Perhaps I should have been looking elsewhere?
I scooted over to Mulberry's page and found this:
Yes, it's not "new", but it's still pretty, right?  I love the lock and the lacy-effect edge.

So I went to my old love, Miu Miu and I must say, I still love them most of all. 



Also seen at LFW, was Anya Hindmarch





I must say the display was a bit weird for my taste - strange choice I thought.  But the bags are lovely.  If I could lay my hands on some of the glittery stuff they used.....*sigh*.....

Anyway, what really caught my eye is the number of HUGE bags.  Now, let me tell you, if you're a big girl, a huge bag is going to make you look bigger.  And if you're a small girl, the bag is just going to look awkward.  So actually, it's only "average" girls who can use huge bags.  And let's be honest, how many of us are really "average"?

Remember that a bag can make or break your entire look.  Either the bag must contrast or complement.  There's really not that much in between.  Choose bags that say something.  Not yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment, I love to hear your views!